How to Buy HERO
1. Set up your account with bitShares.org
2. Buy HEROS for your account.
If you do not have BTS in your account you will need to buy them, as this is the native cryptocurrency for HERO:BTS and the base currency of this decentralized exchange
- When you have BTS in your account, click the ‘Top Markets Icon’ on the navigation bar along the top left and then click "HERO:BTS" on the bottom of the Top Markets. In other words, click thisand then click .
- You should now see a couple of graphs showing price history and some key information like volume and latest price along the top.
- Underneath you see dropdown boxes to BUY HERO . 1) Enter in the Price you are willing to pay or leave blank to pay current market price - BTS/HERO, 2) Enter Quantity HERO (number of HEROS to purchase )and Total will be automatically calculated. You have the option to place an future order by entering a price below market value if the market goes to the price you would like to purchase then your order will be fulfilled.
If there is nobody willing to sell at that price your offer will stay on the market until it gets filled, or until you cancel it. Your open orders will appear underneath the order form along the left hand side. They are colour coded to match the tabs – green for buy orders, red for sell orders, blue for short sell orders.
How to Sell HEROS (unwind your purchase)
- Underneath you see dropdown boxes to SELL HERO . 1) Enter in the Price you are willing to sell or leave blank to pay current market price - BTS/HERO, 2) Enter Quantity HERO (number of HEROS to sell )and Total will be automatically calculated. You have the option to place an future order by entering a price above market value if the market goes to the price you would like to sell then your order will be fulfilled.
Step by Step - How to Short the HERO
To start off, go to the HERO market asset page. click the "borrow bitHERO" tab on the SELL HERO trade screen. You will see this screen. Enter in Debt (amount of HEROS borrowed, Collateral (available BTS in your account), Collateral Ratio - not to exceed 2:1.
You will see the following empty fields to be filled out:
- Price Limit BTS/HERO: You can leave this blank if you like, in which case you will execute a short sell at market price whenever a buyer is willing to pay market price. Alternatively, you can specify at exactly what price (or better) you are willing to short sell.
Quantity HERO: To Sell HERO you would enter a quantity of HERO's you want to sell
- Total: Amount you receive in BTS
Then you just need to click the short sell button! If you call it wrong and the value of the asset goes up too much against BTS then your collateral may be used to automatically buy enough of the asset to cover your debt. If you click the cover tab you will see a list of all your open shorts. Each one will have its own ‘call price’. If the delegate call price shown near the top your wallet hits the call price of one of your shorts then this automatic sell-off, called a ‘margin call’ will take place. You can also buy the asset at any time and then use it to cover one off your shorts from this same tab. To ‘cover’ just means to pay back your debt and close your position.
If you want to see the current short sell orders and approaching margin calls on the orderbooks from other people then you need to click the boxes for them next to the buy and sell orders.